STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL - APPLICATION FOR PATRON/ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
TO THE SECRETARY - GENERAL & CHIEF EXECUTIVE
I/WE the undersigned wish to be elected as Patron/Active Member of the Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce, and agree, if elected, to pay the current rates of subscription when due, and to be bound by The Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Chamber.
I/We declare that the details given on this application form are correct and up to date and that if the application is successful, I/we undertake to inform the Chamber of any change in the details if and when they occur. (In the case of a company or partnership the signatory should be a director or partner signing on its behalf).
FOR THIS APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED THE FOLLOWING MUST BE SUPPLIED:
Please either post or fax this supporting information to A-ICC Contact or scan and email information to
1. A covering letter providing details of the applicant’s business activity with special reference to the “qualifying activity”. (See Article 6 (1) & (2) of the extracts from the Chamber’s Articles of Association).
2. (a) If the applicant is a limited company, a copy of the latest audited annual accounts as lodged with Companies Registration Office.
(b) If the applicant is an individual, partnership, unlimited company, trade association-or newly registered company, such that it has not lodged accounts with Companies Registration Office, two financial references: firstly, one from either the applicant’s accountants or-solicitors and, secondly, one from its bankers.
3. A statement of whether or not the applicant is part of a group of companies and, if it is, giving the names and nationalities of the ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries with the structure of the group and the extent of the holding in each subsidiary.
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP €250.00 per calendar year or €21 per month pro rata
PATRON MEMBERSHIP €250.00 and minimum donation of €1,270.00 Chamber. See Article 4(iv)
Extracts from the Articles of Association:
4. The Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce shall be composed of: (iii) Active Members who shall be duly nominated and elected to the Chamber after its incorporation, and who subscribe and discharge their obligations in accordance with these Articles.
(iv) Patron Members who shall be those Active Members who make one donation of €1,270.00 or more to the Chamber. The title of Patron Member carries no other rights or privileges than those enjoyed by Active Members.
6. (1) In this Article and the succeeding Articles the following expressions shall have the following meaning:- “Qualifying activity” means any form of commerce, industry, agriculture, banking, insurance or any class of transport, tourist or travel business, or any activity which is designed to promote commercial, industrial, financial or tourist relations and educational, professional, and health services between the Arab Countries or any of them and the Irish.
“Qualified Association" means an unincorporated association carrying on a qualifying activity in Ireland or in any Arab Country including a Chamber of Commerce and/or industry and/or agriculture or a union or association of such Chambers.
“Qualified Partnership” means a partnership carrying on a qualifying activity in Ireland or in any Arab Country.
“Representative Member” means a member who was admitted as the representative of a qualified association or of a qualified partnership in accordance with the provisions hereinafter contained.
“Represented Body” means a qualified association or a qualified partnership which is for the time being represented by a representative member admitted by virtue of its nomination.
(2) Subject as hereinafter provided the following may be admitted as Active Members:- (i) Any individual who has Irish or Arab nationality or both and who carries on a qualifying activity on his own account and not in partnership with any other person. (ii) Any corporate body whose registered or principal office is in Ireland or in any Arab Country and which carries on a qualifying activity. (iii) Any individual having Irish or Arab nationality or both who is a member of the governing body or an officer or employee of any qualified association and who has been nominated for membership by that qualified association to represent that association. (iv) Any individual having Irish or Arab nationality or both who is a partner or an employee of a qualified partnership and who has been nominated for membership by that qualified partnership to represent that partnership. Provided that a represented body shall not have more than one representative member at any one time.
(3) The Board shall decide upon the admission or rejection of applications for membership after verifying the applicants’ conformity with the conditions stipulated by the Memorandum and Articles. The Board’s decision is final.
(4) If a represented body shall by notice in writing to the Chamber revoke the nomination of its representative member such representative member shall cease to be a member of the Chamber.
8. A candidate for membership shall make written application for election to the Secretary-General and agree to be bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association and By-laws of the Chamber, if elected. This application shall be brought before the Board or any Committee authorised by the Board at its next or some subsequent meeting and the Board or such Committee shall have absolute discretion in electing or rejecting the candidate as a member, without giving any reason.
9. The annual subscription of members shall become due from date of joining in each year and shall be at the rate laid down from time to time by the Board provided that no rate shall be effective unless approved by the Chamber in General Meeting and that no increase in any such subscription shall be demanded without previous notice of such increase having first been given to such member. The first subscription shall become due on admission to membership.
10. The following provisions shall apply to bodies corporate which are members or candidates for membership and to individuals who are representative members or candidates for membership as representative members: (a) Any such candidate for membership shall submit with the application provided for by Article 8 hereof a written statement containing in the case of a body corporate the names of the members of the governing body thereof and in the case of a candidate for membership as a representative member the names of the members of the governing body or the partners of the qualified association or the qualified partnership (as the case may be) which has nominated him and shall so long as it or he remains a member notify the Chamber of all changes therein (whether by way of additions, deletions or changes in seniority) as and when the same shall occur. The Chamber shall be entitled to act upon the contents of the list of names so supplied and as amended from time to time. The Chamber shall be at liberty to accept such statements and notifications if purporting to be signed on behalf of the body corporate, association or partnership in question as the case may be. (b) In the case of a candidate for admission as a representative member such candidate shall submit with his application a written nomination of himself signed by or on behalf of the qualified association or partnership which has nominated him. (c) The provisions of these Articles in relation to membership of the Chamber shall in the case of bodies corporate and representative members be subject to any other condition or conditions which may from time to time hereafter be imposed by the Board. 11. Any member shall cease to be a member of the Chamber on death or one month’s notice in writing to the Chamber, and upon the expiration of such notice such member shall cease to be a member. A member who or whose represented body is in the opinion of the Board no longer carrying on a qualifying activity or whose subscription is three months in arrears shall automatically cease to be a member. Subscriptions in arrear shall be treated as a debt due to and recoverable by the Chamber.
12. (a) The Board or any Committee authorised by the Board under Article 55 hereof shall have power at any time in its or absolute discretion to terminate the membership of any member if the Board or such Committee considers such termination to be in the best interests of the Chamber. The decision of the Board or such Committee with regard to such termination (which shall be final and binding on the member) shall forthwith be notified in writing to such member and the Board or such Committee shall not be obliged to state any reason for such decision; (b) The Board or any such Committee or the Secretary-General shall also have power at any time in its or his absolute discretion and without stating any reasons therefor to suspend the membership of any member and all or any of the rights or privileges attaching to membership (including the provision by the Chamber of any services otherwise available to its members) if the Board or such Committee or the Secretary-General considers such suspension to be in the best interests of the Chamber. Such suspension shall be for such period and on such terms and conditions (if any) as the Board or the Committee shall think fit and shall forthwith be notified in writing to such member. If such suspension is decided by the Secretary-Generate his decision shall be reviewed by the Board or such Committee at its next meeting when it shall resolve whether to continue such suspension and if not then so continued the suspension shall thereupon cease to have effect.
30. No Active Member shall be entitled to vote at any General Meeting unless all moneys presently payable by him to the Chamber have been paid.